- a unified body of individuals
- the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly, the area itself
- an interacting population of various kinds of individuals in a common location
- a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society
- a group linked by a common policy
- a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests
And so, we are a community. It’s that “common purpose” part that gets me thinking…And as you listen, today, you can tell it gets Kyrja and Randy thinking, too. What is this common purpose? Can there be more than one? How do we identify those who want the same things we want, for our community?
I have always hoped that my show started conversations like this…I get feedback that says it does, and that, at the end of the day, will make me deem what I have done, and am doing, a success.
You can reach The Hands of the Goddess by clicking on the green text in this sentence…Some photos, and a list of needed items is found below. Please support their work! Give generously, compassionately, and humanely…Thinking of the totality of human need, not just that which fits within some narrow and arbitrary moral structure!
I want to close by mentioning:
It takes extraordinary courage and patience to be practicing Pagans, here. Randy and Kyrja have faced some unpleasant negative attitudes, based on the prejudice of other religions. I’d like to ask my listeners to judge by actions and deeds, not words and superstitions. One’s worship (or lack thereof) ought not determine how we view their good works…And I bet your particular religious teachings mention that, somewhere.
Let the good do good, and support good, wherever it is done, and all who are doing it.